This is us
Generation.Energy has been the strategic spatial expert within the energy transition in the Netherlands for over five years. We work with an enthusiastic team of designers and specialists on the spatial possibilities of energy transition in the Netherlands. We work fact-based: the basis of our work is rooted in data and GIS. We develop our own content related to the complex issues – at different scales we use visualizations, serious games and GIS tools to clarify the complexity of the tasks. From our office in The Hague, we work closely with knowledge partners on assignments from the government, municipalities and provinces, among others.
Our next step? The further development of our online GIS viewer, with which we can make an even greater contribution to the transition to sustainable energy. That’s what we need you for!
What you will be working on
For us, the past year has been all about developing applications and setting up a server environment. Now everything must be brought together and integrated into our daily work processes so that the entire team can use the applications. In addition, we are developing new applications. Under the guidance of our GIS team, you will work independently with the products to develop them into working online GIS applications. You will also be involved in the development of content. With your knowledge and skills you can play an active role in the development of the team.
- A motivated GIS-specialist or developer of user-friendly GIS applications;
- Affinity with graphic visualization and able to think along conceptually;
- Preferably a student with geo-related studies and an affinity for spatial issues;
- Affinity with the energy transition;
- Independent and resourceful, but does not hesitate to ask colleagues for help;
- Knowledge and experience in working with Ubuntu, Docker, Phython (Django), web application development, Postgresql / PostGIS SQL and QGIS(server) is a plus.
Here’s what we offer you
- A contract for 40 hours per week, 6 months;
- A versatile internship, in which you can learn a lot and develop further;
- An international team, enthusiastic and young team working on the challenges of tomorrow;
- The opportunity to develop within a team full of experts in energy transition;
- A theme in which you can really make a difference;
- An office located in The Hague with a nice view;
- A daily healthy vegetarian lunch;
- A reimbursement of €550,- per month plus your travel expenses;
- Start date in consultation, but preferably as soon as possible.
Then you can send your motivation and resume to email@example.com. After receiving your application, we will contact you as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact us if you want to know more about the vacancy or have any questions.